Aarón wrote us with a very clear idea. He wanted to ride a bicycle that he had seen in a post in ‘’The Radavist’’. A design made by a framebuilder based in UK (Dear Susan), who was inspired by the model that Edward Gorey (writer 1925-2000) illustrated in one of his books. (The epiplectic bicycle 1969).
It is a fixed gear bike; Aaron wanted a frame as symmetrical as possible and the top tube must be completely horizontal.
A mix of Columbus Cromor and 4130 CrMo with continuous thickness has been used, to give more stiffener. The fork has not been designed with rake, giving priority to aesthetics and making both the front and the rear with the same angle.
In order to have a better pedaling position, the seat post has been flipping off, the saddle has been advanced and a handlebar with setback has been mounted to improves the position on the bike.
The final result is an iconic bicycle to live the same adventures that the characters of Edward Gorey’s
One gear Fixed
- A mix of countinues thicknes 4130 CrMo and Columbus Cromor set tubes.
- Hand built steel fork for 700×35 wheels.
- Brush paint with rust logo details.
- BLB Super Pista silver T46 cranck set.
- BLB silver 18T sprocket.
- Hand made wheel set made by FixedLand.
- H+Son TB14 700c Silver Rims.
- BLB King Silver front and rar Hubs.
- Continental Contact Speed 700×35 Tyres.
- BLB Quill 1’’ silver stem.
- Dia Compe BRS202 front brake.
- DIA COMPE DC 135 black lever.
- BLB Track silver seat post.
- Tange 1’’ headset.
- Pelago handlebar silver.
- Brooks Cambium saddle C17.